“Licensed To Spice” Cooking ClassesVicki Taylor
“Licensed to Spice” Cooking Classes are held locally in Caloundra, on the Sunshine Coast. Come and spend a fun morning learning about various cuisines from around the world, in particular about the herbs and spices used in each cuisine. It’s all about the spice! Then, sit down and relax with a beer or a wine over lunch, eating the food that you have prepared and cooked throughout the morning.
Each class takes a maximum of 10 people and participants will be cooking, hands on, in pairs at their own stations. So why not bring a friend and spend a fun-filled morning together. But don’t worry – I will help you pair up with someone if you book on your own.
Price: $135.00 for one person or $250.00* for two (must be booked at the same time), $120.00* per person if three or more people book and pay at the same time.
*To qualify for the multiple prices, all multiple bookings must be taken over the phone (5491-8870) not via the website.
The class starts at 9:30am and finishes approximately 1:30pm – 2:00pm. To see dates for the 2017 classes, please click on the ‘Book Now’ button and you’ll see a drop down menu
Persian (Middle Eastern)
- Baharat Spice
- Persian dip with flatbread (using chickpeas)
- Emperor Rice with chicken (Zereshk Polow)
- Shah salad, spiced with Sumac (Tomato, Garlic & Cucumber)
- “King of Kings” Lamb stuffed spiced Aubergine
- Moroccan spiced Dip with chickpea flatbread
- Spiced Carrot and Orange Salad
- Chicken Tagine with saffron, Preserved Lemon & olives
- Moroccan flavoured couscous with Harissa
- Chermoula Baked Snapper
- “Ariba” Guacamole with Tortillas
- “Gracias” Mole chicken with chocolate
- Mexican Mole spice blend
- Classic Mexican Rice
- Stuffed peppers with gamba (prawns)
- ”Inca” chilli chocolate cake
Mediterranean (Turkish,Greek & Spanish Tapas)
- Carrot Dip, Turkish style
- Spiced Lavash
- Garlic prawns (Tapas style)
- Spanakorizo (Greek Spinach & Rice)
- Manti (Turkish dumplings)
Indian & Sri Lankan
- Sri Lankan curry spice blend
- Coconut Sambol
- Coconut spiced chickpeas
- Chicken curry Mangalorean style
- Spinach with coconut and chillies
- Sri Lankan Dahl
Vicki Taylor is not a professional chef but she IS an excellent teacher and an experienced cook having lived, traveled and worked in many international countries. Vicki’s passion is food, herbs and spices and experimenting with recipes to put her own twist on them. After running her popular spice blending classes for the past four years, Vicki now wants to share her knowledge of some wonderful international cuisines with like-minded people.
What the Classes Include: All ingredients on the day, all cooking equipment, a spice blend to take home, recipes, a complimentary glass of wine or beer with lunch and guaranteed fun!
Corporate Packages also available for team building exercises. Please call Vicki on 5491-8870 for options.