- Love spices but don’t know how to use them properly?
- Want to have a better understanding of spices?
- Want to become more adventurous in the kitchen with spices?
Then you might want to attend our fun filled afternoon spice blending class. These are run in the Red Hot Chilli Pepper shop, based in Caloundra on the Sunshine Coast, monthly from 2:30pm – 5:30pm.
Herbs & spices are a fantastic way to add a hit of flavour to any meal and you get great satisfaction out of making your own blends. Are you ready to spice up your life?
Learn about spices, what they are, where they come from and hints and tips for storing your herbs and spices. Learn how to incorporate herbs and spices into your cooking on a daily basis. You will be taught about the spice groups and the science of making a spice blends using the right spice ratios. You will create 3 blends in the class to take home with you. Two blends will already have the ratios worked out for you but the third blend is entirely up to you! It’s your magic potion. You will sample food with spices talked about in the class and the session will end with a well deserved glass of wine or beer.
- Class work book with information and notes,
- A Red Hot Chilli Pepper nifty pen
- A Spice loyalty card
- A Red Hot Chilli Pepper spice blend
- Food samples
- A glass of wine or beer
- 15% off if you purchase any of the herbs and spices on the day from the Red Hot Chilli Pepper range.
August 22nd, September 26th, 30th September (Wednesday), October 17th, November 28th
Don’t miss out! Call the shop on 5491-8870 to book your place today.
Discounts apply when between 4-8 people book together. Private classes for groups available on request outside the above dates.
Spice Blending Classes
* Photos courtesy of Donna Cameron-Prosser